Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Charlie's First Angel Day

I wanted to get out of town during that time. I'm not sure why, it just seemed like a good idea. I guess it was so I wouldn't have any expectations for that day. Anyway, the Monday before we left I took Charlie's photo album with our family to the cemetary. We left flowers, looked at pictures, and Aubrey ran around. I felt kind of useless; there's nothing left for me to do for him anymore, and anything I do now is really for me, not him. We didn't stay very long.

On Wednesday that week, we left for Vegas. Friday was his actual angel day. That day we went to a petting zoo, and went swimming at our hotel. I really didn't think much about that anniversary all day long. Until we met someone at the petting zoo that asked if Aubrey was my only child. I mentioned Charlie, and Seth and I realized for that brief moment what day it was. The moment passed, and it wasn't a big deal.

I'm putting a lot of focus now on getting the baby's room ready for baby Sam. I just found out that I never cleaned out the car seat from the last time Charlie was in it! There is throw-up over a year old in there, left from the day he died!!! I don't know if I can do this one. It's all dried, and not as gross as it sounds, but its just doing it. I never got around to it before and I still don't want to. I guess I still have 5-6 weeks to get up to doing it.

3 comments:

Kaidence's Mommy said...

I would love to clean out your car seat for you. I think I have got it down to a science. Let me know and I will come and pick it up for you. I haven't been able to do anything for you guys and I would love to help out in some small way. Thinking of you often!!!

The INCREDIBLE Pettit's said...

Wow, what a difference a year makes, I guess I didn't even realize you were expecting #3, I supose everything is ok? Thinking of you on what must have been a very hard day. I would love to do lunch or a play date with Aubry and Mason, let me know!
HEART HUGS

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Boy!