Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memorial Tribute at Primary Children's

Primary Children's held a memorial tribute for all their patients who have passed away this past year. I was happy to see a couple familiar faces there like Jessica from IHH and Lilly the Music Therapist. They presented some nice musical numbers, poems and other thoughts. There was also a video with a picture of each child, their name, and a brief sentence about them. It was nice to have a moment to just let myself cry; something that I don't do very much anymore. When it was over, a bagpiper excorted the families out to the patio. I hate bagpipes. Anyway, they gave us seeds for forget-me-nots, a free cd, and of course, tissues. Out on the patio there were ribbons for us to write our child's name on and a message to them. Then we tied them to the memory wall. It was a nice tribute, and I'm so grateful to the hospital for being so thoughtful. I think it was helpful for Aubrey too. Aubrey really wanted to go to the playroom, and still remembered exactly how to get there; she was so disapointed when I told her we were going to the park instead! Sad!

1 comment:

Mike and Rebecca said...

I just wanted to let you know that Charles crossed my mind again today and I know that he is missed so much. I hope things are going well with your family.

Hugs,
Mike Patton
IHH-VP