Sunday, May 18, 2008

Things are better

Well, it's late but here's a quick update. The oxygen tanks are gone! Yeah! His heart and lungs look just fine and we don't have another check up until the end of June. He's still not eating on his own; early intervention is coming next week to evaluate him and help me. I feed him every three hours from about 6am to 9pm, and maybe once at night. We tried to take the feeding tube out and see what he did on his own, but he only ate about 8oz a day...NOT enough. They gave me some medicine to help keep his food down, and as long as I give it 3-4 times a day, he keeps that down just fine. So things are better, and I feel like we can start moving forward again.

7 comments:

Ryan & Brytten Pettit said...

Glad to hear things are better. Hey, what med. is that? Teagan still pukes a lot. Are you still on portagen? We are and I don't see an end in sight, I just want to be done with all of these feeding issues! Good luck!
LOL- Brytten

Ryan & Brytten Pettit said...

Yea i will take the portagen if you don't need it. Teagan is on both of those meds plus previcid and he still won't stop puking, but no one seems concerned until he stops gaining weight.

The McOmie Four said...

I am so excited to see your progress. I love to see what little Charlie is doing. We are dealing with feeding issues as well. SO frustrating. Good luck.
Jessica

Gourley Family said...

These babies sure do like things the way they like them to be! Hopefully things continue to go well! Yeah for no oxygen!
Heart hugs,
Emily

McBride Family said...

Hey! Its Jeri Ann. Hope things are going well. Things are crazy here. Tell Seth thanks so much for the slide show on Reagan's website. It is great!! Give Charlie and Aubrey a hug for me.

Tami Acord-Nelson said...

Just cheking in on you.
Havent heard much about Charles for a while, hopefully things are well. You are in our prayers, as always.
Much Love,

Tami and Thatcher

Anderson Family said...

I'm glad to hear hes off Oxygen! how nice does that feel? haha Mariska finaly lost the tubing a month or so now--I love not having to trip over the tube.

We're thinking of you.


Hugs

Melynda
Mariskas' mommy